In 2020 the EU Council named her one of the 8 most inspiring women in Europe. In 2021, she was a speaker at the TED conference in Monterey, CA talking about reinventing the passport.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Growing up in post-USSR Estonia.
- Founding her first company at 16, officially becoming the youngest inventor in her country.
- Leading the launch of seven television channels in Northern Europe, including National Geographic Channels and MTV.
- Her aha! moment regarding immigration and migration while in Silicon Valley.
- The migration and mobility revolution.
- What Jobbatical is doing to facilitate movement of talent and knowledge to where it's most needed.
- Reinventing the passport for the new global economy and the modern age.
- And much more.
This conversation with Karoli is one of a dozen or so weekly conversations we already have lined up for you with thinkers, designers, makers, authors, entrepreneurs, activists, and impact investors who are working to change our world for the better. So follow this podcast on your favorite podcast app, or head over to remakepod.org to subscribe.
And now let's jump right in with Karoli Hindriks.
[2:45] Life During Covid
[6:27] Early Childhood Encouragement
[9:35] The Singing Revolution
[12:42] The Youngest Inventor
[14:27] Making a Difference
[16:45] The Inspiration for Jobbatical
[20:19] A Mobility Revolution
[26:33] The State of Immigration and the Passport
[33:38] The UX of a Country
[38:40] Reinventing the Passport
[46:18] Advantages of Hiring Globally
[50:29] A Short Sermon
- Karoli's Links
- Other Links
- Remake Podcast: Visit us: RemakePod.org
- Remake Labs: RemakeLabs.com・Medium・LinkedIn・Community・Twitter・Facebook・Instagram
- Eran Dror: EranDror.com・LinkedIn・Twitter・Medium